Chimney Inspections, Sweeping and Cleaning
Air Duct Star is located in Pflugerville. We’ve been providing chimney services in the Austin area for over ten years. Our technicians have the extensive experience needed to take care of your chimney. When you take care of your chimney, you take care of your health, your home, and even save some money. Most of all, you’ll get peace of mind knowing you’re safe when lighting that first fire of the season.
- Honest and reliable services
- Environmentally friendly, high energy efficient solutions
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Chimney Sweeps, Repairs & Installation
If all you need is chimney sweeping, call on us. We will clear the soot and ash from your chimney to ensure optimal airflow. After we inspect your chimney and have the results, our chimney experts will do what is needed to get your chimney in tip-top working condition. All our repairs come with the Air Duct Star Guarantee, so you can trust the job is done right.
Our technicians have the experience and skill to handle all your chimney needs in addition to air duct and dryer vent services. Call Air Duct Star today for a quote on your next chimney project.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Safety – A dirty chimney can cause fires, which may lead to devastating structural damage or worse!
- Health – An old chimney liners can also cause carbon monoxide buildup that can cause illness or even death.
- Efficiency – Whenever you use your fireplace, deposits of soot or creosote buildup along the walls. Creosote buildup is highly combustible and dampens the chimney’s performance. Just a ½ inch of buildup can restrict airflow in the chimney from 17% to 30% That can have a big impact on the fire’s ability to burn efficiently. Having your chimney cleaned at least once a year can keep your fireplace running efficiently.
Why Do I Need a Chimney Inspection?
A chimney inspection evaluates the condition of your chimney and assesses if it’s fit for use. A chimney in good condition is a requirement for your family’s health and the safety of your home. A chimney in poor condition is a fire risk for your home and puts your loved ones at risk for carbon monoxide poisoning.
A chimney inspection will confirm that your chimney is working at its peak efficiency and safety. If it’s not performing at its best, we can explain what we can do to bring it back to its best efficiency and safety. Furthermore, it ensures that your chimney is structurally sound, has no deposits, and has sufficient clearances.
When an Air Duct Star technician inspects your chimney, you’ll have experienced professional eyes examining your chimney and looking out for your health and safety. We will check for problems that could cost you money or increase your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning or fire.
We’ll inspect the following:
When our inspection is through, you’ll get a report detailing the safety and efficiency of your chimney. With this information, you’ll know what maintenance to do to keep your fireplace running clean and efficiently.
The National Fire Protection Agency suggests you get a chimney inspection at least annually. If it’s been over a year since you’ve used your chimney, however, you should have it inspected before you use it.
Other times to get your chimney inspected are when:
- Introducing a change to the system, a new appliance installation, a flue liner replacement, and a fuel or appliance type change are all events that should include a chimney inspection.
- You’re having problems with your chimney system or a noticeable change in performance.
- When the occurrence of a chimney fire, severe weather, or another notable event that may have damaged the chimney system.
- When moving into a new home.
Air Duct Star technicians are skilled at performing a variety of repairs. There is a lot to these seemingly simple structures, but we know all the parts to fix or replace.
We’re qualified to repair:
- Chimney masonry
- Chimney cracks
- Issues with chimney liners
- Chimney Crown failures
- Leaking chimney flashing
- Faulty chimney design
If a repair won’t do, we can replace or install:
- Top dampers
- Bottom dampers
- Rain caps/animal deterrents
- Chimney building for damaged and aging chimneys
When you’re looking for a complete installation, give us a call. We can discuss the best options for you and your home.
Fireplace Sweeping and Cleaning
A clean fireplace and chimney should minimize soot and dust in your home, creating a comforting and safe fire. A thorough fireplace cleaning takes time and expertise, and the experts at Air Duct Star can get the job done for you. We’ll do a thorough deep cleaning that will have your fireplace looking good for the start of the season.
Fireplace Repair and Installation
When your fireplace needs repair, our trained technicians are the ones to trust. Our repairs come with the Air Duct Star guarantee, so you can rest assured that we’ll do the job right.
If you need a new fireplace, our technicians are ready to work with you to install a fireplace that will fit the aesthetics of your home and be the place that everyone will want to gather.
Contact Us Now for Your Dryer Vent, Air Duct, and Chimney Services
The safety of your home is paramount because it ensures the safety of your family inside. Whether you need a chimney repair, replacement, or cleaning, Air Duct Star Star has you covered. Our optimal services mean your fireplace is the heart of the home.